Ever thought of having a destination wedding? What’s the first city in India that pops up in your mind? I am sure it’s the city of lakes, Udaipur. Getting married in a palace with the Aravallis overlooking your venue and a lake in the background is every girl’s dream. Also known as the Venice of the East, Udaipur can easily give a touch of royalty to any wedding celebration. No matter which venue you select for your nuptials there is a high possibility that you will be able to get a Lakeview. After all, having a natural beauty in the backdrop, while you are taking your pheras, is like adding an additional dreamy quotient added to the entire celebration!
Mahila Sangeet at Dahod Review
How much does it cost to have a destination wedding in Udaipur?
Whenever you are deciding on a destination wedding, there are three things that are the most important – the number of guests, the number of days and the number of functions.For an Udaipur wedding, the budget lands between the range of 30 – 60 lakhs.Generally you require a minimum budget of around 30 – 60 lakhs for having a destination wedding in Udaipur for a guest list of about 150 people where the celebration lasts for 3 days.However, it majorly depends on the following factors:
Venue: Firstly you need to decide if you want to host the function and accommodate the guests at the same place or not.In case accommodating guests at the venue of the function is not a possibility then book a hotel close to the venue.There are a variety of luxury hotels for grand celebration as well as budget hotel for an intimate gathering.
Number of days: Usually for any destination wedding, the functions go on for about 3 to 4 days.It is advised to wrap up the events in 2 – 3 days if you don’t want your budget for the wedding to increase significantly.
Guest list: People generally do not have a huge guest list when hosting a destination wedding.Only close family members and friends are invited for such a celebration and the guest list does not go over 150-200 people.
Of course there are dozens of other factors that can help to define the budget of your marriage such as photographers, makeup artists, the entertainment and transportation to the venue from the hotel. The showcase on Udaipur Event Management has a list of wedding vendors in Udaipur that will help you to find vendors from all across the country. In case you want to book local vendors then you can do your research from the comfort of your home and book them directly from our portal.
What are the top venues for destination wedding in Udaipur?
There are various luxury as well as budget venue options in Udaipur that are listed on Udaipur Event Management. You can filter them in terms of guest list, the type of venue, space preferred and average ratings to choose and finalise them as per your requirements. Luxury hotels such as The Oberoi Udaivilas, Jagmandir Island Palace and The Radisson Blu amongst many others are extraordinary options to host lavish ceremonies and on the other hand there are numerous budget hotels such as Chunda Palace, Labh Garh Resort to host intimate weddings.
The Oberoi Udaivilas is the most popular choice for a grand ceremony and is situated at the banks of Lake Pichola. They have multiple indoor and outdoor venue options that are ideal for hosting a lavish gathering.
Price: Rs 8500 onwards
Capacity: 25-800 guests
Imagine a spectacular palace built in the middle of a lake, well that is Jagmandir Island Palace for you. The property is an ideal location to host outdoor events.
Price: Rs 1500 onwards
Capacity: 200-3000 guests
If hosting the ceremony in a 5 star property is your wish, then Radisson Blu is the place for you. The hotel overlooks the Fateh Sagar Lake and is close to the city and many cultural attractions.
Price: Rs 2000 onwards
Capacity: 100-1200 guests
Chunda Palace is a beautiful budget hotel in Udaipur that is a great option for intimate gathering. It has a splendid architecture and speaks royalty. There are 3 indoor halls and 2 outdoor terraces in the property.
Price: Rs 1200 onwards
Capacity: 50-300 guests
Labh Garh Resort is located in the outskirts of the city, it is a huge property that has multiple venues to host different events. There are 2 outdoor venues-the courtyard and the labh vatika, one poolside garden and an indoor darbar hall that have huge capacity and are apt for large gathering.
Price: Rs 1000 onwards
Capacity: 500-2500 guests
You can on Udaipur Event Management, filter by your budget, capacity or even ratings. Check the albums & reviews to find the perfect venue for you.
Are you looking for wedding planners in Udaipur?
Though hiring an event planner for your destination wedding may definitely up your budget but it also has its own added advantages. A professional wedding consultant will help and make the process easy and less tiring for you as they are in contact with all local vendors that are genuine and it will surely save you from any inconvenience. By not having a wedding planner there are chances that you face certain issues and might even go over budget.
Some of the well known wedding planners in Udaipur are: Frozen Apple Weddings is an Udaipur based planner and have planned over 200 weddings. They provide quality services and make sure that their customers are satisfied with their services.
Starting price: Rs 4-6 lakh
Desert Pearl are the event planners from rajasthan that ensure a personalised approach for all their clients and are extremely talented and innovative team.
Starting price: 2.5 – 4 lakh
Weddings by Ankit is based in Udaipur and has an industry experience of over 15 years.they promise a celebration that is sensational and stays in the minds of people.
Starting price: 6 lakh onwards
F5 Weddings and Behind the Scenes are some planners who are not based rajasthan and yet have amazing ratings and have done some great jobs in the past. In case you do not have the budget to hire a professional for the planning of the ceremony, then you can always use the Udaipur Event Management’s wedding planning App and plan your wedding on the go. You can easily search for different vendors at the comfort of your home. Booking for vendors is now just a few clicks away, all thanks to Udaipur Event Management.
What is the best time to plan a destination wedding in Udaipur?
Before finalising the date make sure to get some idea about the weather conditions of the city in which you are planning to host your wedding.Do not host your wedding in extreme weather conditions as people might not be able to enjoy themselves. The best time to host a wedding in rajasthan is in between september and march as it gets extremely hot during the summer season.
How to reach Udaipur?
Travelling to Udaipur is not very difficult.The city has its own airport which is located 22 kms away from the city.The maharana pratap airport lands numerous flights from different parts of the country on a daily basis.There is a railway station that is well connected to different parts of rajasthan and the whole country.One can easily reach Udaipur by road as well because it is well connected with highways that make transportation easy.To commute within the city, one can take auto rickshaw, buses or cabs.
How to accommodate your guests?
It is essential for hosts to ensure the comfort of their guests.The accommodation for the guests can either be done in the same hotel in which the wedding is being held or in a different one.Many vendors also offer a discount if you book them for the functions as well as for the rooms.But if staying in the venue is not an option then book a nearby hotel as there are numerous hotels available in Udaipur.
How to host a budget wedding in Udaipur?
You can always save some money and lower the cost of a destination wedding in Udaipur.Points to remember when hosting a budget wedding in Udaipur:
Invite only close family members and friends.
Book budget or palatial hotels for the celebration.
Make your booking much in advance.
Book local vendors for services such as dj, mehendi artists, wedding favours and catering.
Wrap up all the ceremonies in 3 – 4 days.Usually destination wedding celebration take place over the weekends.
Do not overboard with the decor and lighting.
Why an Udaipur wedding?
What is there not to like about a destination wedding in Udaipur, it can easily give you a fairytale experience with a touch of royalty.The magnificent palaces, the rich culture and heritage, clear blue skies, the lakes, the aravallis overlooking the city and the gorgeous weather conditions, all add up to making it an ideal choice for your wedding destination.Also it being well connected to all the other parts of the country by different means of transport is like an added advantage.
Rajasthan is known for being a very culturally rich, vibrant and colorful state. For entertainment purposes in your wedding you can include the local artist to perform folk dance for you and your guests. Ghoomar and kalbeliya are popular dance forms of rajasthan. Having a kathputli show is also a nice idea for functions like mehendi and haldi. Folk music is an essential part of their culture.
It also is famous for its mouthwatering cuisine, dal bati churma and lal maas are dishes that one should not miss when visiting any part of rajasthan. Make sure to include the local cuisine as a part of your celebration as it is something your guests should not miss when in rajasthan.
All in all, there are countless reasons why the city of lakes is a perfect destination for you to host your celebrations. Always plan in advance to be able to have a fun and hassle free experience and to avoid last minute goof ups.
What Is The Best Time To Have A Wedding In Udaipur?
Rajasthan and summers aren’t exactly synonyms.And so we recommend you consider Udaipur for a wedding between September to March.While the city is surrounded by 5 lakes which keeps the temperatures under check, these months are especially pleasant.Bright sunny days and cool, breezy evenings, perfect for functions at anytime of the day.
How To Save Costs When Organizing A Destination Wedding In Udaipur?
Palace Weddings are possibly the biggest trend of recent years, and we don’t see it dying anytime soon.After all, what could be better than combining your wedding celebrations and a royal vacation together ? But that doesn’t necessarily mean you will have to shell out more money.Here is how you can have a destination wedding in Udaipur on a budget-
Choose your location wisely – A place that looks naturally pretty would mean saving unnecessary expenses on decor.
Choose an off – season wedding date – This is a no-brainer.Prices of all services go down during off-seasons.You will also have better chances to get exciting discounts!
Book accommodation and events at the same venue – More possibility of getting discounts due to bulk booking, and lesser transportation costs! Also, this will help you save time during the celebrations.
Book as soon as possible – The sooner you book, the better chances you have to get cheaper deals.Also, if you make bulk bookings, you’ll be in a better position.
Keep your itenary crisp – Do not organise a lot of events – restrict to a 1 to max 3 day wedding.And keep your guest list as crisp as possible.We would recommend about 50 – 100 people.n
Save on food and beverages by choosing local dishes and drinks for the wedding.Also exercise restraint in the number of items on the menu.
How To Integrate Rajasthani Culture In Your Udaipur Destination Wedding ?
Rajasthan is a land of rich heritage and traditional art forms that never fail to impress any onlooker.And you can include this royal elegance in your wedding celebrations too!When organizing a wedding in Udaipur, you can include miniature Rajasthani paintings and textiles in your wedding decor that will give your venue an instant lift! Don’t worry, you will find plenty of high rated, and highly reviewed wedding decorators in Udaipur who will know exactly how to lend that Rajasthani touch to your celebrations!
Search for wedding decorators in Udaipur on the Udaipur Event Management app! You can look at profiles of wedding vendors, read reviews about them and look at pictures of their previous bookings to get some clarity.Enhance your experience by using specific filters like city of your wedding, and the price range, amongst other things.And the best part? You can get in touch with your shortlisted vendors by the contact details available on their profiles, without any third-party intervention!
Destination Weddings Planner
There are several reasons why one would want to have a destination wedding. A lot of people opt for a destination wedding as they have always dreamt of getting married at a picturesque location such as next to a famous landmark, or in certain captivating surroundings such as at the beach or on a ship. On a few occasions, a central location makes sense when your guest list is scattered across the country or the globe. Pleasant weather always adds to the charm of your special day and is another reason why a destination wedding is just for you. If you are looking for exotic locations to tie the knot, we urge our customers to consider destinations that offer visa-on-arrival such as Takhatgarh, Kumbhalgarh, Nathdwara, Mount Abu, and Dungarpur. Not only are the mentioned destinations beautiful, but foreign policies also encourage tourism. Hence, you can create a convenient fun-loving and an enthralling experience for the family and the guests as well.
It doesn’t matter where you choose to get married; on a beach or a palatial private property, we take all the hassles of planning and other minute details off your shoulders. Regardless of your choice, we promise to come up with innovative ideas to make your wedding a unique and wonderful occasion for you and everyone on your side.
Pick your choice of destination from the among wedding destinations:
- Fort : A fort is arguably the best destination if you have dreamt of a fairytale wedding. Wedding at a fort would create several lovely moments for the bride and groom which they would remember forever. The medieval and rustic features of the outdoor gardens and sophisticated interiors add a royal touch to the wedding.
- Jungle : From adding a breathtaking backdrop with a waterfall deep in the jungle to a spectacular view of the entire jungle valley, we can make your all your wedding dreams come true. Tying the knot at luxurious resorts surrounding the evergreen natural jungles has gradually become the latest fad for many couples as their destination wedding.
- Resort : There are several wedding venues that are well-known for arranging wedding ceremonies in a royal style. The resorts are converted into a heritage hotel that serves as a romantic venue for luxury wedding destinations in India.
- Beach : It is true that marriages are made in heaven and hosting a wedding on a beach is the closest you can get to heaven on earth. The mix of shimmering beaches, palm trees, carefree way of life, peacefulness, and gentle waves of the sea makes the beaches a romantic destination to take vows and celebrate togetherness.
- Islands : Many couples opt for an island destination wedding as it is suitable for every mood and pocketbook. Your guests are guaranteed to have a great time, and the sandy beaches are bound to add more to its beauty making it one of the best destinations for a wedding.
- Rail-palace on wheels: The train will be your wedding destination. Catering its best in luxury services to each guest. In this style of destination couple’s don’t spend money on a five star as they charter the entire luxury premises of the Palace on Wheels.
- Religious places: If you’re hoping to combine a unique destination wedding at the religious places, look no further than a wedding planner. We provide the perfect vision with breathtaking settings of your choice of destination.
- Historical places :If historical places and a glorious historical setting is your style, we urge you to look no further than the various places with a rich historical background as your wedding destination.
- Cruise : Weddings on the sea offers a romantic setting for couples to tie the knot. Imagine exchanging vows on board, with endless jaw-dropping views and the soothing ocean breeze at your back.
- Private beaches : Dreaming of a beach wedding but worried about privacy? Yours Truly-Wedding Planners promises to organize the most beautiful private beach weddings with minimum interference at a destination of your choice. Wedding planners will ensure beautiful private beach weddings with minimum interference for your choice of the destination wedding.
- Himalayan peaks : Some couple love beaches, oceans, and deserts. However, some couples want mountains as their wedding destination. Mountains invoke a certain magic, connects and dives into depths of you as a person and brings you closer to who you are. If you are someone with an inclination towards mountains, you would love the feeling of getting married in such an ambiance.
- Theme parks : Calling all playful couples out there! Why not throw your wedding at your favorite amusement park? If you love the magic of the Magic Kingdom or consider yourself a thrill ride aficionado, theme and amusement parks can be wonderful sites to host “the big event.”
- Sand dunes :Couples choosing a royal wedding often search for an impressive destination for their Wedding Day. However, for couples who opt for sand dunes as their destination wedding, the dunes could not only be a great treat but also fun-filled experience. Dinner in Sand Dunes, BBQ night, Folk entertainers, Snake charmers, Camel ride, Kite flying, Camping, Royal procession add beauty to your event.